Collection Points for Christian Books
Please email us [email@example.com] for the address of your nearest collector. Remember to include your postcode in the e-mail.
If your town is not listed above, would you consider becoming one of our collectors. Click here to download an application form.
To find out if there is a collection point near you, click on your location on the map. To maintain the confidentiality of our collectors we do not list their individual addresses on this site.
November 2020: Please note that although we are grateful to receive book donations we do not expect our volunteer collectors to receive books during the COVID -19 lockdown. In due course Book Aid will be pleased to receive your books, but it may be some time before you can pass them on to us. In the meantime, if you are sorting through your library during long days restricted to your home, here's a update of the books we can/cannot use for our programme. We have made some changes to this list recently.
Second-hand books and Bibles can be taken by prior arrangement to one of our nationwide network of collection points. Please telephone to make arrangements beforehand.
We can only use the following types of books as part of our overseas shipping programme:
- All kinds of Christian books (hardback or paperback) Please avoid sending paperbacks with browned pages
- All kinds of theological books
- All kinds of Bible commentaries
- Bibles of any version (except New English Bible)
- Ladybird books; both religious and secular
- Theological Journals - please read this first
- Hymnbooks – ONLY the following wanted:
- Methodist Hymn Books
- Hymns Ancient & Modern – Revised ONLY
- Redemption Hymnal – Words & Music ONLY
- Sacred Songs & Solos – Words; Large Hardback; Music Ed.
- Olney Hymn books
- Ladybird books
Please note that we cannot accept:
- School/Educational text books (including RE books)
- Secular (non-Christian) books
- Dated Bible reading notes
- Used Sunday School material
- Music and Hymn books (EXCEPT those on wanted list)
- Vinyl Records, CD's, DVD's, Videos, or Cassette Tapes
- New English Bible (NEB)
- Highlighted or heavily underlined books