Book Aid has always sold books, that are not required overseas, in its bookshops and more recently on-line via Amazon.co.uk and the Advanced Book Exchange. The money raised is used to cover the cost of transporting, sorting and packing those books that are sent overseas to Book Aid’s container partners. In order to reach a larger market Book Aid will now be using its Instagram account to sell books in the UK, such as the Folio editions shown above.
How it will work
- An image of a book will be posted to Book Aid’s Instagram account, including a short description of the book and a price including postage within the UK.
- Customers who are interested in the book will be invited to comment “Sold”.
- Book Aid will then contact the customer for an email address.
- A PayPal invoice will be sent to the customer.
- Once payment has been received the book will be despatched.
What You Need to Do Next
- Visit and then follow Book Aid’s Instagram account
- Check back regularly to see what books have been added.
Thank you for your ongoing support. We hope that you find this new way of buying books and supporting Book Aid helpful. Do leave a comment below and let us know what you think.